At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. The Family Health Center is a gateway for many medically underserved individuals who have both behavioral health and medical care needs. The Behavioral Health (BH) Services Department works to address these needs by providing clinical and social support services. As clinical members of the BH Services Department, our Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW’s) function as a BH consultant, working collaboratively with the medical team and patient. Integration of BH specialists into the medical environment is a proven model to improve patient wellness and satisfaction with their medical care. LCSW’s at the Family Health Center are valuable and respected members of the treatment team.
Integrated Behavioral Health brings clinical specialists to the community health setting where a high ratio of individuals with behavioral health treatment needs prefer to get their care. LCSW’s provide mental health, substance abuse and health behavior change consultation in primary care, pediatrics, women’s health and dental clinics of Family Health Centers. This role supports behavioral health integration into health services by working with medical staff to enhance their behavioral health skill set and providing brief, targeted biopsychosocial assessments and follow-up counseling and/or health behavior coaching to adults, children and families.
The successful candidate will experience a fast paced work day, a varied clientele and a supportive team environment dedicated to continuous professional growth.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Conducts behavioral health assessments.
- Provides clinical services in the form of brief intermittent psychotherapy, behavioral medicine (relaxation training, weight management, health habits, sleep, hygiene, etc.), crisis intervention and patient education.
- Establishes treatment plans with the assistance of medical providers.
- Makes referrals to providers and services in the community.
- Collaborates with behavioral health and social service staff to enhance the patient’s social safety net.
- Participates in program planning and development.
- Provides in-service training.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent.
- Possession of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker license from the State of Kentucky or equivalent.
- Three years of clinical social work experience, which must have included the use of a personal computer involving internet and word processing software.
For questions about these positions or general questions about employment at Family Health Centers, please email Patricia Fulkerson firstname.lastname@example.org.
We serve the working poor, the uninsured, those experiencing homelessness, refugees from all over the world, and anyone seeking affordable, high quality care.
Family Health Centers was created by the Louisville Board of Health, and operates as a quasi-public agency. All staff positions are reviewed and tested through the Louisville Metro Civil Service.
Some Family Health Centers staff qualify Student Loan Repayment Programs.
Medical, dental, and behavioral health providers qualify for the National health Service Corp Loan Repayment Program and can earn up to $50,000 for a two-year commitment. Click here to learn more.
We Are The Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs more than 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 8 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.
Family Health Centers is an equal employment opportunity employer and, as such, prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, familial status, marital status, partnership status, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status or other legally protected category.
We are Joint Commission and Better Business Bureau Accredited