Family Health Centers is currently accepting applications for the position of Pharmacy Technician I. Click here to apply for the Pharmacy Technician position.
At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. FHC is currently seeking go-getters with a positive attitudes for the position of Pharmacy Technician I. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for performing technical tasks required to receive, process, price and fill prescriptions for the patients of Family Health Centers (FHC). Pharmacy Technician provides front line access to the pharmacy for patients and is responsible for providing accurate pharmacy data to the pharmacists, billing department, and patients.
LOCATION: Family Health Centers, Inc
Examples of duties include:
- Receives prescriptions from patients and providers.
- Assists pharmacist(s) in filling prescriptions by counting tablets, pouring liquids and preparing medications for dispensing.
- Enters prescription information into and interprets data from the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Communicates with patients, providers, other health care personnel and authorized outside agencies regarding prescription information.
- Provides accurate times to patients for when their prescriptions will be ready.
- Maintains pharmacy records, reference texts, and other files as required by pharmacy and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Assists in completion of all billing activities.
- Processes prescription claims through insurance companies.
- Receives and processes cash, check, and credit card payments.
- Maintains appropriate stock levels within work area.
- Checks expiration dates on pharmacy inventory and promptly notifies pharmacist of any outdated drugs and/or supplies.
- Serves as cashier and prepares money deposits and end-of-day cashier reports.
- Completes daily “return to stock” reports.
- Participates in quality improvement/quality control activities.
- Refers problems or situations requiring professional judgment to a pharmacist.
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Six months of experience as a Pharmacy Technician OR One year of experience in a healthcare setting working with prescription drugs and other medications.
- Must obtain a Pharmacy Technician certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) prior to the end of the probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment at FHC.
- Must be registered with the KY Board of Pharmacy and maintain registration throughout employment.
- OR An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Spends lengthy periods of time sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending and reaching.
- Identifies medical record documentation, requests and/or releases.
- Responds to patient and Family Health Centers’ needs via the telephone, internet, fax, computer software and in person.
- Lifts and moves up to 30 lbs.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule and/or work overtime as necessary (including evenings and/or Saturdays).
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this positions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Health Centers was created by the Louisville Board of Health, and operates as a quasi-public agency. All staff positions are reviewed and tested through the Louisville Metro Civil Service.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 7 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.