Help Families by Joining Ours
The Family Health Centers opened its doors in 1976 dedicated to providing excellent primary and preventive health care to all, regardless of ability to pay. We serve the working poor, the uninsured, those experiencing homelessness, refugees and immigrants, and anyone seeking affordable, high quality health care. Today, Family Health Centers is a leading community health center in the nation, serving more than 40,000 patients annually.
We are dedicated to a common goal – providing the highest quality care to our patients.
FHC is currently hiring for Primary Care Nursing positions. A successful candidate will experience a fast paced work day, a varied clientele and a supportive team environment.
Examples of duties include:
- Assesses patient complaints via telephone and in person and recommends appropriate action according to prescribed protocol.
- Performs nursing assessments and develops health care plans for patients.
- Counsels patients regarding health status, risks, recommended actions and community resources.
- Provides individual and group health education instruction and information.
- Handles all abnormal and normal lab test results according to protocol.
- Provides appropriate patient care based on age appropriate growth and development principles.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.Administers medications, injections, immunizations, venipuncture and treatments as ordered by provider or delegates same per protocol.
- Documents patient history and assesses chief complaints.
- Reviews charts and makes entries.
- Graduation from an accredited two year school of nursing approved by the National League of Nursing.
- Possession of a current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Kentucky OR Possession of a work permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Kentucky by endorsement.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Moves and/or lifts more than 100 lbs. when positioning patients or assisting them on and off the examination table.
- Must have within 60 days of hire and maintain CPR certification.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
- Must work varied work schedule.
- Must be vaccinated for Hepatitis B, have provided evidence of immunization, or have signed a declination form within 10 days of initial assignment.
- Must wear protective equipment as mandated by OSHA.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this position, please email: email@example.com.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 7 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.