At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. FHC is currently seeking go-getters with a positive attitudes for the position of Medical Office Specialist I. The Medical Office Specialist I is responsible for receiving, admitting, and registering patients for health care services at Family Health Centers (FHC).
POSITION: Full-Time (Temporary to Permanent)
LOCATION: Family Health Centers, Inc.
Examples of duties include:
• Schedules patient appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS).
• Verifies and records patient demographics.
• Determines sliding fee discounts.
• Identifies, verifies, and enters into the PMS patient health and dental insurance plans, where applicable.
• Retrieves eligibility documents from third party websites.
• Collects and processes cash, check, and credit card payments.
• Prepares daily cash report and balances cash drawer at the end of each shift.
• Manages appointments for multiple providers and rooms at multiple locations.
• Processes requests for referrals.
• High school graduation or its equivalent.
• One year of clinical/clerical experience in a health care setting OR Certification from a Medical Office Specialist, Medical Secretary, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, or other medical clerical program.
• OR an equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Responds to patient and FHC needs via telephone, internet, fax, computer software, and in person.
• Lifts and carries materials weighing up to 15 lbs.
• Spends extended periods of time sitting, standing, and walking.
• Spends extended periods of time typing and reading computer screens.
• Identifies medical record documentation, requests, and/or releases.
• Must be available to work extended hours as necessary.
• Must provide own transportation to work at other FHC locations as needed.
If you have questions about this position, please email email@example.com.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 7 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.