At Family Health Centers (FHC), we work hard because our patients deserve the best. FHC is currently seeking go-getters with a positive attitudes for the position of Health Information Management Specialist (HIM Specialist). HIM Specialist performs technical clerical work for FHC primarily managing incoming and outgoing documents and requests for health information and managing retrieval, return, and destruction of health records from offsite storage.
LOCATION: Family Health Centers, Inc.
Examples of duties include:
- Assists patients within obtaining health records from previous providers.
- Documents as appropriate on the medical record, forms, and/or computer the required documentation related to language services.
- Identifies and prepares health records eligible for offsite storage or for destruction.
- Receives and distributes incoming documents via mail, fax, and interoffice mail.
- Scans documents and transfers electronic information into the patient’s electronic health record (EHR). Forwards hospital records, consult reports, and other outside records to the provider for review.
- Receives, logs, and processes incoming and outgoing requests for health records.
- Responds to requests for disclosure logs.
- Prepares invoices for health record requests.
- Processes payments and prepares deposits received for health records.
- Assists patients with accessing the patient portal.
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- One year of experience working in a Health Information Management (HIM)/Medical Records Department.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
- Verification of education must be provided on or before scheduled test date.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Lifts and carries materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Spends extended periods of time sitting, standing, walking, climbing, stooping, bending and reaching.
- Spends extended periods of time typing and reading computer screens.
- Identifies medical record documentation, requests, and/or releases.
- Responds to patient and FHC needs via telephone, internet, fax, computer software and in person.
- Must be available to work extended hours as necessary.
- Must provide own transportation to work at other FHC locations as needed.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this position, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Health Centers was created by the Louisville Board of Health, and operates as a quasi-public agency. All staff positions are reviewed and tested through the Louisville Metro Civil Service.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 8 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.