Family Health Centers (FHC) is a dynamic, nonprofit medical and dental provider, serving anyone regardless of the ability to pay. Serving nearly 40,000 patients annually, across seven sites, FHC is one of the largest primary care providers in Kentucky.
Family Health Centers operates three, Phase 1 dental clinics, each complete with electronic dental records and digital radiography. Family Health Centers serves a diverse, multilingual population of all ages, including a clinic dedicated to serving the area’s homeless population.
To qualify for this position the applicant must:
- High school diploma or its equivalent. AND
- Six months of verified expanded duties experience -OR- completion of an Expanded Duties Dental Assisting Training Program.
Examples of duties include:
- Places temporary and permanent restorations in teeth and shapes to proper contour.
- Prepares patients for treatments and obtains dental records.
- Assists the dentist at chair side.
- Removes sutures and places rubber dams as directed by dentist.
- Takes, develops, and mounts x-rays.
- Records patient’s personal information and medical history and records dental treatment and charges.
- Changes x-ray solutions and sterilization solutions.
- Sterilizes instruments by appropriate techniques.
- Performs routine maintenance on dental equipment.
- Participates, as necessary, in the Chronic Care Collaborative meetings, seminars and initiatives.
- Adheres to universal precautions.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Health Centers was created by the Louisville Board of Health, and operates as a quasi-public agency. All staff positions are reviewed and tested through the Louisville Metro Civil Service.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 8 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.