Family Health Centers is currently accepting applications for the position of Pharmacy Delivery Driver. Click here to apply for the Pharmacy Delivery Driver position.
At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. FHC is currently seeking persons with a positive attitudes for the position of Pharmacy Delivery Driver.
LOCATION: Family Health Centers, Inc
EXAMPLES OF THE WORK
- Picks up prescriptions at Family Health Centers pharmacies.
- Delivers prescriptions promptly, efficiently, and accurately to intended recipients, both to patients and other clinics.
- Communicates and resolves prescription delivery issues with pharmacy personnel and patients.
- Maintains the security and integrity of medication and devices throughout delivery process.
- Ensures that patients sign acknowledgement of medication delivery.
- Performs daily inspections of the delivery vehicle for any maintenance needs to ensure it is in safe working condition.
- Reports any mechanical issues with the delivery vehicle to supervisor.
- Evaluates traffic patterns, alternative routes, and weather conditions as needed when driving the delivery vehicle.
- Performs data collection as required, maintaining accurate delivery logs and other relevant records.
- Maintains security of payments collected from patients and delivers them to the pharmacy.
- Assists with other pharmacy duties or in other departments as needed.
- Participates in all required safety programs.
- Adheres to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures (OSHA, HIPAA, Standing Orders, etc.) and federal, state, and local requirements, including those of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and
- Human Services (HHS), and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG).
- Cooperates fully with all aspects of the Corporate Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct.
- Performs related work as required.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Spends extended periods of time sitting, standing, and climbing stairs.
- Responds to FHC needs via telephone, internet, fax, computer software and in person.
- Drives a delivery vehicle.
- Performs duties in a variety of weather conditions (cold, heat, precipitation, etc.)
- Moves and/or lifts items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess an acceptable driving record.
- An applicant may be disqualified for an unacceptable criminal record or multiple traffic violations.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule and/or work overtime as necessary (including evenings and/or Saturdays).
Family Health Centers was created by the Louisville Board of Health, and operates as a quasi-public agency. All staff positions are reviewed and tested through the Louisville Metro Civil Service.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 7 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.