At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. FHC is currently seeking go-getters with a positive attitudes for the position of Dental Office Specialist. The Dental Office Specialist is responsible for receiving, admitting, and registering patients for dental services at Family Health Centers (FHC).
Examples of duties include:
- Assists new and established patients in obtaining dental records from previous providers.
- Identifies patients with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and/or other communication barriers and uses appropriate interpretive services.
- Documents as appropriate on the dental record, forms, and/or computer the required documentation related to language services.
- Schedules interpreters for patients for their dental visit.
- Inventories and orders dental office supplies.
- Adheres to standard precautions.
- Receives patients and directs them to the appropriate area.
- Schedules patient appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS).
- Answers telephone promptly and directs calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Records patient cancellations and no-shows in the PMS.
- Verifies and records patient demographics and medical history.
- Initiates dental charts for new patients.
- Identifies and copies patients’ dental insurance plans.
- Processes patient charts, including filing and recording services.
- Maintains a daily log of patients.
- Collects and processes cash, check, and credit cards payments.
- Prepares daily cash report and balances cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Six months of clinical/clerical experience in a health care setting OR Certification from a Medical Office Specialist, Medical Secretary, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, or other medical clerical program.
- OR an equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Responds to patient and FHC needs via telephone, internet, fax, computer software, and in person.
- Lifts and carries materials weighing up to 15 lbs.
- Spends extended periods of time sitting, standing, and walking.
- Spends extended periods of time typing and reading computer screens.
- Identifies medical record documentation, requests, and/or releases.
• Must be available to work extended hours as necessary.
• Must provide own transportation to work at other FHC locations as needed.
If you have questions about this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 8 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.