Family Health Centers is currently accepting applications for the position of Dental Hygienist. Click here to apply for the Dental Hygienist position.
Family Health Centers (FHC) is a dynamic, nonprofit medical and dental provider, serving anyone regardless of the ability to pay. Serving nearly 40,000 patients annually, across seven sites, FHC is one of the largest primary care providers in Kentucky.
Family Health Centers operates three, Phase 1 dental clinics, each complete with electronic dental records and digital radiography. Family Health Centers serves a diverse, multilingual population of all ages, including a clinic dedicated to serving the area’s homeless population. We are a National Health Service Corp location and our dental providers qualify for up to $50,000 in loan repayment.
The Dental Hygienist, under close supervision performs patient-related dental work. Responsible for providing dental services in the areas of diagnostics, prevention, education, and periodontics.
Examples of duties include:
- Cleans patients’ teeth.
- Charts patients’ conditions for diagnosis and treatment by the dentist.
- Takes, develops and mounts x-rays.
- Applies medicaments to the teeth and oral tissue, removes sutures and places sealants on affected area as directed by the dentist.
- Sterilizes instruments by appropriate techniques.
- Performs routine maintenance on dental equipment.
- Reviews patient health history for completeness and accuracy and records treatment provided.
- Provides oral hygiene instructions and uses appropriate techniques to motivate patient to improve and maintain oral health.
- Provides dietary counseling and develops individualized oral hygiene program for patient’s home care.
- Adheres to universal precautions.
- Graduation from an accredited two year dental hygiene program.
- License to practice dental hygiene in the State of Kentucky.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Health Centers was created by the Louisville Board of Health, and operates as a quasi-public agency. All staff positions are reviewed and tested through the Louisville Metro Civil Service.
Family Health Centers Dental Hygienists qualify for the National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Program. Individuals can earn up to $50,000 for two years of full-time service, and $25,000 for part-time service. Click here to learn more.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 7 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.