Help Families by Joining Ours
The Family Health Centers opened its doors in 1976 dedicated to providing excellent primary and preventive health care to all, regardless of ability to pay. We serve the working poor, the uninsured, those experiencing homelessness, refugees and immigrants, and anyone seeking affordable, high quality health care. Today, Family Health Centers is a leading community health center in the nation, serving more than 40,000 patients annually.
We are dedicated to a common goal – providing the highest quality care to our patients.
Family Health Centers is currently accepting applications for the position of Dentists. Click here to apply for the Dentist position.
To qualify for this position the applicant must:
- Have a Doctorate degree in Dental Medicine.
- Must be licensed to practice dentistry in the State of Kentucky.
- Must have and maintain current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
Examples of duties include:
- Performs dental examinations to determine condition of oral tissues utilizing x-rays, diagnostic instruments and procedures.
- Diagnoses dental problems and develops treatment plans.
Performs or supervises the scaling, root planning and polishing of teeth.
- Thoroughly removes diseased hard or soft tissues from teeth, gingiva and bone of the oral cavity.
- Places and contours or supervises the placement and contouring of filling materials in teeth.
- Administers anesthetic/analgesic drugs for effective pain control.
- Prescribes appropriate medications for necessary therapeutic results.
- Ensures that progress notes are legible and complete by placing signature at end of entry.
- Performs triage and emergency treatment of patients with pain, infection and/or trauma.
- Supports and assists special community oriented dental care programs.
- Participates, as necessary, in the Chronic Care Collaborative meetings, seminars and initiatives.
- Adheres to universal precautions.
Family Health Centers was created by the Louisville Board of Health, and operates as a quasi-public agency. All staff positions are reviewed and tested through the Louisville Metro Civil Service.
Family Health Centers Dentists qualify for the National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Program. Individuals can earn up to $50,000 for two years of full-time service, and $25,000 for part-time service. Click here to learn more.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 8 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.