Family Health Centers is currently accepting applications for the Medical Billing Specialist I Position. If you meet the minimum requirements listed below, apply by sending your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best care. FHC is currently seeking candidates with a positive attitude and a team spirit for the position of Medical Billing Specialist I. The Medical Billing Specialist I is responsible for all aspects of billing medical encounters for patients covered by specified area of assignment.
Examples of duties include:
- Posts medical encounters for all patients within specified area.
- Prepares medical claims for electronic filing or paper claims.
- Posts payments for specified area, bills secondary insurance and transfers balances to patient responsibility.
- Follows-up on all unpaid, denies and/or rejected claims; identifies and resolves issues with third party payers.
- Forwards Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to billing specialist responsible for filing secondary insurance billings.
- Maintains EOB files in the billing office.
- Works any unpaid claims over 60 days.
- Assists manager in maintaining current coding updates and fee schedule changes.
- Answers patient inquiries by telephone. Mail, or in person.
High school graduation or its equivalent.
Two Years of medical billing and collection expertise.
OR an equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Spends extended periods of time sitting, standing, and walking.
- Identifies medical billing documentation.
- Must be available to work Saturdays and/or evenings as needed.
- Must provide own transportation to work at other FHC locations as needed.
If you have questions about this position, please email email@example.com.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 7 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.