Its Open enrollment season!  If you have Medicaid, Medicare, or a health insurance plan your purchased, open enrollment impacts you.  Open enrollment is when you can change your plans or enroll into coverage.

  • Medicaid:  If you are eligible for Medicaid, you can enroll any time in the year. You can change your Medicaid plan October 16 – December 15, 2017.
  • Private Health Plans purchased on Enroll or change plans from November 1- December 15, 2017.  In Jefferson County , KY only CareSource is offering plans on the exchange.
  • Medicare: Enroll or change plans from October 15 – December 7, 2017

To learn more or for in-person application assistance, stop by a Family Health Centers location or call 772-8182.

Having health insurance provides peace of mind.  With health insurance, you and your family are able to see a provider and get your medicines when you need them, not just when you can afford it.  Family Health Centers has staff on-site to help you apply for free or low cost health insurance through benefind, Kentucky’s Benefits System.

If you are interested in finding out what free or low-cost health insurance options are available to you, here are easy ways to find out:

In Person

You can set an appointment by calling a Family Health Center Application Assistor at the health center site of your choice – see the chart below.  

SiteFHC Application AssistorsTelephone
(main# 772-8860)
Debbie Baker*396-9710
East Broadway
(main# 583-1981)
Tamika Whitfield 612-0896
(main# 361-2381)
Tamika Whitfield 612-0896
(main# 366-4747)
Debbie Baker*396-9710
(main# 568-6972)
Zach Barlett415-8490
(main# 774-8631)
FHC kynector scheduler for:
- Jessica Zizzo
- Diedra Young
- Ashley Shoemaker
(main# 995-5051)
Debbie Baker*396-9710

*Bi-lingual staff: English and Spanish. Other language services also available and arranged at all sites.


You can complete an application on your own by visiting and apply on line!


Call 1-855-459-6328 and enroll over the phone.  Help is available in over 20 languages.

Paper Application

Complete a paper application and return by mail or by fax.  The address and fax numbers are on the application.