At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. FHC is currently seeking experienced nurses for the position of Primary Care Nursing Supervisor.
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
LOCATION: Family Health Centers, Inc.
Examples of duties include:
- Coordinates the nursing staff schedules of an area or division of a primary care clinic.
- Evaluates and documents the performance of subordinates.
Assists providers with obtaining patient history and complaint documentation.
- Assists providers with exams and procedures.
- Administers medications, injections, immunizations and venipunctures as ordered by the provider.
- Counsels and educates patients regarding treatment programs and other medical procedures as necessary.
- Handles all abnormal lab results according to protocol.
- Provides appropriate patient care based on age appropriate growth and development principles.
- Makes or takes calls for physicians regarding lab results, medication changes, patient questions, etc.
- Acts as a resource person to other departments, committees and outside agencies.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding the improvement of patient care.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in recruiting, interviewing and selecting staff for their area or division of responsibility.
- Graduation from an accredited two year school of nursing approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
- Three years of primary care experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Possession of a current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Kentucky.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Moves and/or lifts more than 100 lbs. when positioning patients or assisting them on and off the examination table.
- Must have within 60 days of hire and maintain CPR certification.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
- Must work varied work schedule.
- Must be vaccinated for Hepatitis B, have provided evidence of immunization, or have signed a declination form within 10 days of initial assignment.
- Must wear protective equipment as mandated by OSHA.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We serve the working poor, the uninsured, those experiencing homelessness, refugees from all over the world, and anyone seeking affordable, high quality care.
We Are Family Health Centers
“I know I’m in the right place.”
Since 1976, Family Health Centers, Inc.(FHC) has served our community by providing provide primary and preventive medical care to adults, women and children without regard to the ability to pay for services. FHC employs nearly 400 professionals across many medical and clerical disciplines at 8 Louisville Metro Locations. Family Health Centers employees enjoy a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and generous benefits package. Employee benefits include:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Participation in Kentucky Retirement System
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Recruiting bonuses
- Shift differential pay, and
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.